Saturday 8 June 2013

FRANCE: Paris


The first stop on my Topdeck tour, and the beginning of my quest, was the city of love. I was ready to begin after a mammoth morning exploring the Louvre...
 

 Date of purchase: July 28, 2010

After six months of not having any McDonald's at all (OK, so I had a hash brown at Athens Airport when we arrived in Europe) I had my first 'McDo' meal as they call it in France, in the restaurant that's part of the Louvre complex.

I discovered the French don't eat small, and I was forced to buy a medium meal.

To be blunt, the chips weren't great (however, they were less salty than ours in Australia) and the burger appeared rather plain. The bun was interesting, but the filling was merely beef, cheese, tomato and actual slivers of onion (not the tiny chopped up things in a lump).
 
For its similarity to a cheeseburger, I give it (and the meal) 5/10. Good to taste the familiar beef again but an average start.
 
***
 
The fact that McDonald's is called McDo never gets old for me. Saw this outside a nearby restaurant on a night out in Nice some nights later and chuckled to myself the rest of the night. I love it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment