Saturday 8 June 2013

Origins.

Fast food fans, welcome!

This is a spin-off blog I've decided to create from a very long-winded post at my regular blog When the Cheshire emerges....

The title of the blog should give some indication of what you can expect - I have made it a life mission to eat McDonald's in every country I visit, to document the experience and give a basic rating.

I'm sure I am not the only one to be doing this. But am I the only one blogging about it?

The back story is basic enough: ahead of my first trip overseas - to Europe in 2010 - my best friend Penny came up with the idea of eating McDonald's in every country we visited. She had a fleeting thought the food overseas may not be to our taste/standard in some places.

When we got there, she changed her mind. No one else in the group I travelled with was game, but I still carried the idea along because we were travelling through too many countries on a Topdeck tour to pass up the opportunity.

I first felt like Morgan Spurlock in Super Size Me because I was eating it so regularly - at least every second day while on the tour - and hoped it wouldn't affect my health too much.

Actually... that was a slight lie. I wasn't too concerned.

So what began as a stupid idea has turned into something I'm known for in my circles. And now I want to share it with readers everywhere. Since that tour I have continued my quest and the number of posts will continue to grow.

I should add, I began the project only to discover the specialties - the 'limited time only' specials, or something unique to the country. No Big Macs for me.

Have your say, share the wonder and enjoy.
Welcome to the odyssey.

No comments:

Post a Comment